Saturday, December 6, 2008

I'm a Beach Bunny


Like a bear to honey I have to go to the beach.

We went to the farmer’s market this morning at Humiston Park across from the beach. After visiting all the booths which took me about 10 minutes I was ready to go walk the beach. I didn’t need any stinkn’ farmers stuff. I just wanted to get wet in the sand.

Now look at the ocean behind me -- That is why so many cruisers are making their crossing today. It doesn’t get any calmer than that. I hope the stream looks that flat when we cross – which should be soon!!

Now the Farmer’s market is actually very nice. You got your organic this or that and holistic food stand and then you have just plain good fresh vegetables that look and taste better than store bought at a fraction of the cost. We bought some veggies then went to the beach.

We discovered today that the abbreviated Saturday schedule actually starts later and ends earlier than we knew. The bus does not show here till around 9:10am and comes from Humiston Park so we had to go all the way around before arriving at Humiston Park.

Vic and Gigi really enjoyed the market. On the way back we offered to take their purchases to the boat and they stayed on for a run to the grocery store – still took the lions part of the day.

It’s a beautiful warm day today – just shorts and no shirt for me. Cold front coming through tonight but not expected to be strong – high tomorrow is forecast to be only 68 degrees.

That will be fine weather to take the bikes back to Humiston park for the Art show (no bus service on Sundays) – Karen will do the art thing but I’ll be back in the water at the beach.



No comments: