Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Changes Expected in the weather

Today dawned cold as the proverbial witches tit. It was 41 degrees this morning. I had to run the heat pump while charging batteries this morning. I make no apologies anymore.
I figured something had to be done. So while making a quick grocery run this morning I stopped next door at TJ Max and bought a new sweatshirt. My one and only is looking very threadbare. In fact I chucked it there just outside the store. Now I’ve gone from dowdy to IZOD. But it is still the same old me inside. Anyway --- I expect this purchase should have an affect on the weather and there will be no more cold weather here this winter – I can hope.

Getting closer to leaving. Most of the shipments we were waiting on arrived today. Just one more parcel due tomorrow and some appointments tomorrow for Karen and we will be free to go. Now the weather looks finicky and Vic and Gigi expect to be here Friday soooo (can you here the Velcro tightening?)) We will certainly stay to see them – for awhile.

Most of the day once again was spent work working. Looking forward to get back to cruising -- soon I hope.

Some of the stuff we ordered where some accessories for Karen’s Bike. We ordered them from a place called www.downtube.com. George and Carol on Traumerie showed us their bikes. If I could do it over I would have ordered one of those folding bikes for Karen.. Check em out – they are way cool and just a little more expensive then a WM bike. AND – all their accessories fit the WM bike.

Just as several boats left to take advantage of a small weather window Thur – Sat several new boats arrived today. Most are Canadian flagged. How do so many Canadians know the formula to go cruising??? Note most are from Quebec too!! I love their French accent.

We got a new neighbor today – Rainbows End with Pat and Steve aboard. A Maryland boat. They are heading to the Bahamas too this winter.

Got to cut this short -- time to start cleaning and getting ready to visit with Vic and Gigi this weekend!!

Got to do it tonight since it will be Work Work again tomorrow – nearly done.

No comments: