Sunday, December 7, 2008

Vic and I just Cruis'n

Vic and I had a nice cruisers day. It is a shame to think we will part company so soon but we will meet up againg soon I expect.

The ladies went to an Art Show at Humiston Park today leaving us to our beer and imaginations. They took our bikes. Karen got to use her new “Bike Trunk” from Downtube.com and Gigi road my Dahon Mariner 26 which she really enjoyed..

Vic worked on his noise problem with his solar collectors and I supervised. We determined that the BZ Controller folks are full of sh--. The filter they sent did not make a bit of difference.

I spent the day – actually just part of it – topping off the water tanks with jerry jugs of water and filled the dinghy tank with gas and carry 2 gallons spare, (boy I hope I did that in the right order) and did what little laundry we had collected -- hopefully next laundry day will be in the Bahamas!!

I also settled our account with the marina here and we are now ready to leave. I think I have thought of a dozen reasons to stay another day or two – but NO we will leave tomorrow. It is time to get out from the grasp of this Velcro!!

The plan is to make a partial trip to North Lake Worth tomorrow and stop at either Peck Lake or along the ICW in Hobe Sound then boogie a short day into North Lake Worth. Wednesday and Thursday are forecast to be poor weather days but after that --- maybe the window we are looking for. If not, there is a great Publix grocery just a ½ block away from the dinghy landing and a GREAT Chinese Buffet which I will make use of a couple of days a week if we stay for any length of time. Did you know?? In the Abacos, I never found a Chinese restaurant there in a previous trip so I’ll need to load up on Chinese before going.

No comments: