Monday, February 9, 2009

I'm a WINNER!!!

Had a great night last night with the crew from Born to Cruise. Wayne and Jill introduced us to the games Mexican train Dominoes and Farkle. That was fun especially since I won 3 of 4 games of Dominos and 1 of 2 games of Farkle – just beginners luck.

This morning we left Fisher’s Bay early – about 8:15am and headed to Treasure Cay. I need some high water to get in and high tide was at 7:15am in the morning. We had a nice motor sail across the Sea of Abaco and found plenty of water entering Treasure Cay. Wow – only 6 boats on the hook there. Plenty of room to anchor so we did. I called Born to Cruise and Celtic Cross to alert them to the fine condition of the anchorage. Later in the day Born to Cruise came in.

After dropping the hook we went to the grocery store and picked up just a few tings. I also bought a big ol machete to open some coconuts I have found. I just want to try some really fresh coconut.

Once Born to Cruise got settled we took them on a brief orientation to Treasure Cay shops and beach and then went to the Treasure Cay Library. WOW they have a real library and real librarian here. A very nice facility and well ordered, neat and very clean. The people there were most friendly.

Yu can become a member for $10 dollars a year to checkout books or videos and they also have a nice sized room with books to purchase. Hard backs are $5 and paper backs are a dollar. A very nice selection so we bought some. Books are important as food and consumed at almost the same rate.

Another 5 boats have come in and anchored but still plenty of room. Some not so nice weather is expected tomorrow so we will stay put here for a couple of days – a great all weather anchorage. I should be happy more boats have not discovered this area.

Well need to beak now and practice for more games tonight. To keep my beginners luck on a roll we will have to play new games that I have never played before.

No comments: