Thursday, February 12, 2009

A busy day -- real busy -- in Marsh Harbour

Today was a better day in Marsh Harbour. However – very busy.

When I did the weather report for the BASRA weather net this morning the boat count was 50 which is the greatest that I have seen here this winter.

I started the day by running the propane tank into the hardware store to have it filled. They say in by 9 ready by 12pm. I was there at 8:45am and they said it would be ready by 10 am and it was. The price of propane here is not bad. A 20lb tank is $25.
While waiting for that I changed the oil and filter on the main engine -- the book says every 250 hours but I like 100 hours. I pushed it this time and changed at 129 hours and it did not look bad. However – no way you can do it neatly. Black stuff all over my legs and feet – how??? I don’t know.

After cooling off we did a provisioning run to the wholesale grocery at Skaggs. Whoops cash only no credit cards so it took two trips. Bought Karen some dark Dove chocolates with truffles for Valentines day – a 2lb’R. Her suggestion – I never think of these things.

Then onto to Hollywood George’s stand for some dynamite Conch Salad. He has great quality control all batches are delicious!!

After lunch it was to the grocery store and beer store and fabric store to feed our habits. Then back on the boat to put it all away and take some well deserved Sun showers – Yooow the water was HOT.

Now it’s time to put together an appetizer to share and go to the cruisers appetizer happy hour at the Jib room tonight. Looking forward to it – we are taking some homemade meatballs and sauce.

The plans from here?? I don’t know. Chris pains a pretty changeable weather picture for the next 2 weeks – don’t expect any 2 days to be alike for a while and virtually no East winds.

Hunker down and stay put?? Move to another anchorage?? Go to a marina?? Don’t know. Maybe I’ll be move decisive tomorrow after discussing this with the cruisers at the appetizer pot luck tonight.

No comments: