Tuesday, February 10, 2009

ATTACK of the Coconuts!!!



No the opening picture is not the coconuts. That was taken over at Nippers the day before yesterday. Crews from Musoka Moon, Celtic Cross, and Temptation.


The coconuts have heard of my purchase yesterday. They attacked in force this morning!! While observing weather conditions for the BASRA weather net this morning just after sun up. I noticed several objects in the water that looked like brown floats. Closer inspection proved they were actually coconuts and a dozen of them all floating towards me. I’ve never seen that before – must be an omen..

Just a nice day in Treasure Cay Abacos. The weather turned out better than forecast. Several boats left and a few arrived leaving the entire anchorage only lightly crowded.

We had a lazy morning and did a bunch of radio work on the SSB. Went into the beach and had a nice walk but nothing found. The beach is magnificent but just devoid of beach combing artifacts.

Ohhh I’m bad – I forgot to follow up on the letter in the bottle that the crew from Born to Cruise found on the beach at Great Guana Cay. All the details and a picture of the letter are on their web blog page – check it out --- it was very coool: www.borntocruise.com.

Just going with the easy day today so not much else to report.

What else – hmmm. Ohh I got my scuba tank filled here at the dive shop here at the marina. Nice shop and very friendly crew there. Wayne on Born to cruise helped me get the tank on the dock. I went this morning at near high tide and had no trouble getting the tank on the dock – unfortunately they were all out on a dive and said to return around 2pm. Well then it was near low tide and a l o n g way up to the dock for the tank. Wayne assisted – thank You.

On the way back to the boat I told Wayne I was concerned that my anchor might be dragging back a bit but confused since all my reference points -- boats around me had left. He brought his glass bottomed bucket over and we looked for that anchor. Well we found the chain and it just disappears in the sand – anchor completely buried – thus no reason for concern. I like that.


No comments: