Thursday, November 20, 2014

Yee-oow

Well it was definitely rolly most of the night last night at Melbourne. The sea didn't settle down till about 4 am. Normally not an issue but I had filled our big water tank full the day before and if it is 3/4 or more full it makes loud sloshing sounds when we roll.

We had a nice fast run to Vero Beach this morning and made most of it before the winds really piped up again. Buck had negotiated a single mooring ball for all of us to raft up on. I didn't need fuel or water yet so I was elected to grab the ball first and they would raft to us.

All went well until I pulled the mooring ball painter in and saw were there was no loop in it. Just a finished end!! What do I do?! I quickly put a slip knot on the end to a cleat then tried to pull enough line in that I could cleat it properly. Unfortunately a gust of wind caught us and the part of the rope that my left had on that was pulling for slack got stretched out and pinched my knuckles between the rope and a stanchion. Ohh that hurt and there was nothing I could do., Too much pressure to pull my hand free so I had to wait for the gust to subside and then loosed my hand OUCH..

I got the line cleated then headed for some ice for my knuckles. Or maybe it was to grab a beer and then some ice.

Victoria Gaye and Skat had no trouble rafting to us Thus we had all arrived in Cruisers paradise -- Velcro Beach but my enthusiasm was diminished by my hurt hand.

Tonight it is much better and fortunately nothing broke or burst.

Here we will stay for at least 10 days and celebrate Thanksgiving here. Tomorrow it is a trip to the Publics Grocery for some needed treats -- provisioning is still good but can never have enough treats to share when entertaining which we hope happens a lot over the next several days.

No comments: