Monday, November 17, 2014

An Exageration -- again

Today dawned warm and humid and then got very warm -- 85 degrees.

I was off early to the NAPA dealer for 2 gallons of Motor oil Rotella T and a replacement belt for the alternator. Damn if they didn't have it all and I noticed some loose bearings for sale. BAck on Temptation I checked the part number for the bearings used in the KISS Wind Generator and they had them. I went back and got those. I'll change those later or when I have too.

Later Karen and I took the bikes and made some minor purchases at the Sav A LOT grocery and the CVS store.

Back on the boat to wait for the HUGE STORM expected. They had all kinds of warnings out for high winds and lightning this afternoon and evening.

In the meantime Victoria Gaye, Skat, and Chanceaux showed up and took slips. All had minor difficulties docking here so I didn't feel too bad about our poor performance yesterday. Bubbles checked in and they took a slip in the St. Augustine marina. All our buds are safely tucked in tonight.

The weather radar had a distinct cold front line coming here with a lot of red in it. When it hit -- not much. No real wind and minor rain which did turn heavy but no Armageddon.

It's cooling off slowly and winds still calm after the frontal passage. I'm sure it will come out later but nothing really out of the ordinary for now.

We will do some laundry tomorrow and some minor chores on the motor -- change that alternator belt. You have to wrestle it on so I'm hoping for cooler temps.

Still raining so I expect no games tonight. Just a comfortable early evening.

No comments: