Thursday, March 5, 2009

Ghost town in Marsh Harbour Anchorage

Hmmm something bad happened to yesterdays BLOG entry... I didn't see it this time and I looked for it in the edit area and found it listed under February 27th "Some days are better than others".. I'll see if I can get it put in the right area...


Just a quiet day here in the anchorage. The wind is strong but the fetch is small. Comfortable on the boat but rough at the dinghy landing. The anchorage has cleared out quite a bit too since so many boats went to Guana Cay yesterday and today to wait for the Barefootman concert tomorrow.

I made a trip to town to get an ACE bandage for Karen’s foot. Seems to be better than yesterday but still favoring it.

I tried to buy some Conch Salad but my Conch man George still has not shone up!! I guess he just doesn’t like the wind.

Speaking of the wind -- it is getting monotonous and on top of that the radio is full of talk from folks planning to stage to head back to Florida – Grrrr – it is too early to start that mindset. Unfortunately once the “seed” of going home is planted it is difficult to think of anything else.

Not sure if we will make it to the Barefootman concert now. If Karen’s foot is still sore we probably won’t go. That and the anchorage has cleared out here in Marsh and I have a great spot that has been tested by strong winds so I’m inclined to leave the hook down especially if Karen’s foot needs some professional attention – too early to tell yet.

Also it is blowing 15 – 20kts and the ride up to Guana Cay will be rough and it is already crowded and the holding is POOR. Better to stay put here today and head up tomorrow morning with forecast 10 –15 kt winds. We will just have to watch the forecast though.

No comments: