Sunday, February 1, 2009

Super Bowl in the Bahamas


Superbowl Sunday in Hopetown.. Yes we decided to stay a few more days here and weather this next series of cold fronts coming through Tomorrow and Wednesday.

Super Bowl fever has not quite gripped the area yet -- Only Captain Jack’s has added a couple of TV’s and they are the smallest saloon here. I suspect we will have just a quite dinner aboard and then maybe wander over to Captain Jack’s about half time to catch the show. Hey I don’t even know who is playing tonight??

Today was just a nice easy Sunday with just a few chores. I’m wearing out my Blue jeans and I only brought 2 pairs – I originally thought one would be enough!! Anyway we pulled the sewing machine out and Karen repaired those and 2 pairs of shorts – weak seams I guess. They get a great workout not from my GIRTH but from all the hyper extending one does climbing on and off boats and docks. I’ve actually lost weight but no idea how much.

So just a little sewing and Karen baked a couple of loaves of bread too – real killer.

I think since we expect to be here at least 3 more nights I’ll go the library tomorrow and get my card. They let transients check books out here. There are a couple of Bahamian books I want to read but to buy them would be $50. I’m cheap – what can I say.


Ohhh today is February 1st!! I’ll attach a picture from my Kalik 2009 calendar – enjoy.

No comments: