Thursday, January 1, 2009

HAPPY NEW YEARS -- JUNKANOO GTC

HAPPY NEW YEARS ALL!!!!

It was a nice New Years here. I stayed up till about 9:20pm last night. Although I did get up several times during the night because of a cold front passage and more wind. I was up at 2am and on the deck adjusting my riding sail…

Some boats dragged last night but fortunately none threatened us.

It was still strong wind this morning but we made the dinghy ride to Junkanoo with no problems. The Junkanoo was very nice. Not quite as good as I remembered in 2006 but still very nice and worth the wait. I hope you enjoy some of the pictures we took. It is only a sampling – we took 116 pictures and 30 minutes of video.

The energy is contagious. We would watch them go by then race down an alley way to get ahead and watch them go by again – probably 5 times. At the end all the participants poured into the basketball courts and had a great dance – wow what energy they had.

Lots of foods and drinks available along the parade route. Karen tried some local fare and we each had a Miss Emily Goombay Smash.

It was great fun the parade and just people watching. You see a mix of folks here that I’m sure you could never see anywhere else. Great fun in all.






No comments: