Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Years EVE!!!


Happy New Years Eve!!!!

Boy this has been a lazy day.. Not much happening till 4 pm today when they had the cruisers Hors oeuvres on the beach this afternoon at 4pm.

We spent the morning reading and refueling… We heard on the cruisers net the price of diesel in Marsh Harbour and it was cheaper here so I refilled my Jerry jugs. I needed gas for the dinghy and the Green Turtle Club was still out. It was $6.50 a gallon at the Bluff House but only $4.11 at the “Other side marina” in Black Sound so I went there. Now as I filled up I asked to verify the counter was reset to zero so I could calculate the oil additive correctly and it was still set to 7 gallons – hmmm. Then once I cleared it I pumped 5.5 gallons and they said it was $30 dollars -- hmmm let’s recalculate that – now $22.66. Well it was right in the end but I had to “dog” the transaction.

Spent the afternoon reading and being perplexed. Another gentle cold front was coming through and the wind had clocked to the west. Unfortunately I was not pointing like the other boats. After some circumspection I realized I was in the outflow of a lagoon and as the tide went out the current was affecting me more than the light wind thus why I was pointed differently then every one else – wheeeeew thought I was dragging…

The cruisers hors douveres was nice but very limited selection. In fact more cruisers than selection for some reason and only half the crowd that was here for xmas. I suspect many have traveled on and only a moderate few have remained for Junkanoo tomorrow – a compromise because the weather will probably keep us from round the Whale until Sunday or later. Ohhh well – I want to see JUNKANOO!!

Supposed to be fireworks and a bon fire on the Green turtle Club beach tonight but I suspect I’ll be sound asleep by 9:30pm. Maybe I’ll wake up for the fireworks..

You all have a GREAT New Years Eve!!!


1 comment:

catsmeow said...

Joe and Karen

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Rita