Friday, January 2, 2009

Greetings from MANJACK CAY -- ABACOS


WOW Manjack Cay Abacos. This is a MUST stop..

We were going around the Whale Cay Passage today but the seas are too large 6 – 9 feet so we decided to head up to Manjack Cay which is less than 4 miles away. GTC is nice but it was time to leave. Especially since I started cursing the power boats that were waking us unmercifully in the anchorage. I need time to catch my cool again.

I ran into town early for some bread, milk, and OJ. I talked to Sid briefly from Sid’s grocery. I kidded that it would be nice to have a quiet day in town again – after Junkanoo yesterday – and he said no he would like it busier – yep he is a business man. He added that it has been dead quiet from August until just before xmas (when we arrived) and it would be dead again beginning Monday until Easter. I felt bad for them. I heard talk like that yesterday from strangers in the crowd too. It has got to be tough here. Glad I spent some money here now…

We have had a beautiful day up here at Manjack. The wind is light and the sun bright. Hopefully the seas will quiet down overnight so we can get through the Whale Cay passage tomorrow.

We walked around the Island a little. There is a cruisers home near the south anchorage that is very cruiser friendly. They have actually erected a tower with a parabolic WiFi antenna on it into the anchorage to give the passing cruisers FREE WiFi – works great. Thank them for the pictures tonight.

The Island and setting are just beautiful. I know my friends Jim and Barb Thompson would fall in Love with the place. Good anchorage from everything but South West to North West. It is Easy NE today.

I’m hoping for a clear sky tonight because there is NO light pollution. Should be a grand sky for start watching tonight.




No comments: