Tuesday, September 4, 2007

August 16, 2007 Destination: Anchor in Tom Point Creek


We got off uneventful and made the 7am bridge opening. Then it was just a long run of about 50 miles to the Tom Point Creek to anchor for the night. The long passage across the exposed Coosaw River went very well. We found a little shallow water coming off of the Coosaw River back into the ICW and I made a light bump when I looked away briefly at a chart.

We made Tom Point Creek and anchored easily. Buck and I went for a swim – felt very nice. Then we all took showers. A nice dinner from the grill and all was right with the world.

It was a peaceful anchorage with few bugs. After dinner we had some Gin and Tonics and a nice chat in the cockpit.

Buck and Kourtney saw a very long and bright shooting star cross the sky but I unfortunately had my back to it. Damn – I would have liked to have seen that.

We had fired up the generator and AC earlier and had a very nice sleep in a cool cabin.

No comments: