Tuesday, November 8, 2016

where did the farmers go?

The high point today was supposed to be the Farmers Market at the park next to the Marina. It was a disappointment. Only 2 vendors there and they had the same thing -- tomatoes, cucumbers, pecans, giant persimmons, and one had corn syrup in bottles.

We stayed today mainly because the forecast was for a 60% chance of rain it turned into a very nice day with no rain. Arrrgh weatherman is costing me money!

I took my free Marina bike to Autozone to get some spray adhesive to repair one of our couch foam inserts. On the way back my front tire went FLAT. Fortunately I only had to walk it about a half mile back.

Karen did a couple of loads of laundry at the free laundry and that worked out okay. Big commercial machines.

Later in the day I went to "my Yacht Club" and poured a couple of free draft beers -- it was working today.

As I was leaving I ran into Margaret from Margarita. We met her and Bill in the Bahamas in 2008 and found them to be neighbors at Northwest Creek Marina. I went back to their boat and we chatted awhile. They ask me to say HEY to Vic and Gigi and want their 2016/17 boat card from them. They said they will see you in the Bahamas this winter.

Not much else. Plan to work the tide in the morning to get through Jekyll Creek then on to Cumberland Island for a full day's visit there. It is just Beautiful there especially when an Armadillo crosses your path.

No comments: