Monday, November 7, 2016

No free beer!

Not much happening today. But today was supposed to be a "lay" day and it was. Just some light cleaning, a repair to a step tread and a little exploration of the town -- looked for Adams Grocery. It's a small grocery. Nothing fancy but you won't starve.

I found one of the community bikes (this means that it is available to anyone here, thus you might ride it to the shower, use the facility, and when you come out the bike is gone). this morning and rode it around exploring the Yacht Club Facilities and the entire lay of the Marina here. This marina has 14 different docks that have space for about 20 boats at each dock and each dock has a T-head for a couple of boats. This place is BIG.

The facilities are very clean and well maintained. They offer free draft beer in the Yacht Club and a wine party on Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

This afternoon around 3:30pm I went to the "club" for a free draft beer and to shoot the breeze with the some of the cruisers. I found 2 cruisers in the club both engrossed with Facebook, tried the draft beer tap and just as my usual experience, found only foam come out and there was little of that. Oh well not as earth shattering like what happens tomorrow -- will be the worst Presidential election in US history!

I predict that in spite of all the media hoopla that this is a close race, Hillary will win with a landslide (not necessarily an endorsement from me). Just an example of how the media is playing all of us. What can you believe anymore.

The outcome should be that the Republican party dissolves itself since it is so ineffective and cannot read the will of the people. I'm just disgusted.

Tonight is one of the free wine parties so we will check it out. Probably a good thing that I write this before or I will really stand on my soapbox later.

Not to worry if we voted or not. We did with absentee ballots. There is more at stake than just Donald and Hillary.

Ohhh the high point today. While riding the community bike I explored the farmers Market next door which will be active tomorrow and when I left I had to stop for a train to go by -- well just a diesel locomotive but it doesn't take much to give me train joy. There is a set of tracks that runs between the marina parking lot and the highway. It is not real busy but you do get to enjoy the melodious whistle from the engine.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Spot on with the election Earl.

No matter who wins.... America Loses!