Friday, November 18, 2016

Just a choir day.

Today was just a choir day. I got my bike out for the first time on this trip and it looked okay. Tires needed air and the plastic chain guard is holding on by one of three studs -- a job for gorilla glue tomorrow.

I biked to the hardware store to get some drill bits, a 15 amp flat plug extension cord, and a 1 1/2" hole saw. Back on the boat I took Karen in to do three loads of laundry -- it has been awhile. Back on the boat started the install of the new inverter by relocating an existing radio and mounting the inverter. I could use the 2-0 battery cables as is but had to attach the extension cord to existing wires to plug the 110V into the inverter. We will see how this works out. The new inverter has a GFI circuit built in and I have a few GFI outlets on the board. Sometimes they are not compatible.

It took nearly 4 hours to install but it is in. If you now my penchant for not using anything new on a Friday -- a superstition my mom gave me -- I'll wait till tomorrow to turn it on and check it out.

Our other cockpit chair failed and the fix that worked so well on the first chair has failed miserably here. I'm tired I'll investigate tomorrow.

Lots of work coming up over the next several days -- change main engine oil and filter, change primary diesel filter, install a new impeller on main engine seawater pump and probably a few other things.

That's what this extended stop is all about and we want to celebrate Thanksgiving here with our new and old friends.

Ohh we rafted up yesterday with a staple on the Cruizheimers Net -- Cookie Monster -- with Robin and Corbett aboard.

No comments: