Monday, April 6, 2009

Gone Swim'im ALMOST!!

Just sitting and waiting for the forecast STRONG cold front to come through. Like usual looks to be an after dark event. This is a mean one. We have heard several tornado watches north of here. Strong storms all the way from NC to Georgia descending on us.

In the mean time -- we made another run to grocery store this morning and Karen remained to get her hair cut and styled - looks very nice. We want to provision so we will be good to Charleston, SC or about a week and a few days.

The no seeums are terrible here. Even though we have screens we both were eaten alive in our sleep last night. For some reason they have a real liking to ankles and inside forearms. Hopefully this cold front will stop them for awhile.

Late this morning I went and topped off the water tanks. 40 gallons into the 80 gallon tank and 15 gallons in the 120 gallon tank. That should keep us awhile.

Late this afternoon I was going around the boat tightening up the mooring lines and looking to adjust things for possible strong squalls tonight. Took down the riding sail and adjusted fenders. Removed loose stuff form the dinghy and shortened the painter. I noticed the teak steps on the swim ladder looking pretty grubby so I got a stiff brush out and cleaned them. At one point I kneeled down on the sugar scoop to get the lowest rung and leaned out and lost my balance -- I was heading for the
water!! I quickly realized I was going in so I pushed sharply with my legs to propel myself towards the dinghy -0 got lucky. Top half entered the dinghy and lower half got wet but I could drag myself in. Just as I pulled in to the dinghy I heard a frantic woman's voice - "are you okay?" . I said yes thinking it was Karen below but when I went below she had no idea what had happened. Well someone got a show today.

I think it's time for a GNT and relax the rest of the afternoon now.

1 comment:

Chappell said...

Must be that Speedo pinching your bottom cut off the blood to your legs or something there Joe Earl!

Lots of wind and some rain here in Wilmington but nothing to get too excited about. Will be cold tomorrow night but sounds like it will only be a day or two.

Enjoy Charleston....