Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Finally heading North!!

Ohh YEAH - On the move again. We finally pulled away from Velcro Beach this morning. It is tough because it is so comfortable. The only fly in the ointment was that I was waiting on a UPS shipment of a repair kit for a pump that is giving me some problems. I expected it Monday but it did not show up till 9:30am this morning so we delayed our departure.

We had a nice run up to the Causeway just pass Dragon Point. It is called Palm Shores and has protection from North/South Winds depending on the side you anchor - pretty much wide open but with 5kts from the SE to SW tonight - should be fine. It was 38 miles but a good run for a late departure.

Tomorrow we will make it to Titusville and meet our Canadian Contingent for some cocktails and tales - should be in early enough. We are currently traveling with Celtic Cross, Sand Castle, Sweet Chariot, and Water Parke.

Tonight we dropped the hook after 5pm so it will be showers, dinner, then bed and up early to get an early arrival at Titusville tomorrow.

Ohhh and my dinghy motor is now down to a 2HP motor.. It is running very poorly but is still running. I bought some carburetor cleaner the other day and when I have the time I'll tear it down and see if I can resuscitate. It., Wish me luck.

No comments: