Sunday, December 14, 2008

Just a breezy day in Lake Worth

Just another VERY breezy day in paradise. Well the paradise part not completely. Last night it was blowing 20 – 25 with gusts to 35 so I did sleep, sort of, in the salon. I need to get up several times to assure myself that I’m not dragging anchor or another is dragging down on me.. Winds 0 – 15kts are not a problem since the anchor chain is never stretched all the way. Now when you get around 20 kts the anchor rode does get stretched out and could move the anchor – thus the anxiety.

Well it was fine last night. Stayed put all night and all day today. Tonight it is back to 10 – 15 kts so I can sleep in my bed tonight.

Not much done today. Finished the riding sail but this afternoon it was blowing 20 – 25 kts and things could happen fast so I’ll test it another day.

Diva called and asked us to join them and Rachel at 4pm today at the Sports bar next to the Publix Grocery store – Duffeys. It was nice and the drinks and the appetizers which served as dinner were fine. I could care less about the sporting events but enjoyed the conversation – mainly political stuff that got very heated but we all blamed the rum punches and left as friends still. There was also a lot of good cruising stories told too.

The ride back was a little wet but Temptation proved easy to find tonight in the dark -- I think she is finally really warming to us now.

Not much else to report. Just cooling our heels for a weather window to the Abacos and so here we will stay for awhile.

No comments: