Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving -- Do Over

Yesterday’s Thanksgiving feast was very nice but in discussions today with Karen – we are still missing something. The Turkey was okay but kind of cool and picked over. So tonight we are fixing a Turkey Breast in the boat oven – wish us luck because it has proven cantankerous the few times we have used it. I attribute that to “just not being used”.

I looked for a Pecan Pie at the grocery today – but none to be had. They probably had 2 dozen pumpkin pies for a $1 each but I don’t need that.

Today overall has been a light day. It started cold – 44 degrees!! Sunny and warmed up but with the breeze it felt cool all day. Again no shorts.

Tomorrow I plan some dinghy work. I found a drain plug I didn’t know it had because it was so badly corroded. It plugs the inner hull which has water in it. I had to locate a new plug today (at West Marine) and will tackle that job tomorrow. It should run better with nicer trim once that excess water is drained out of there.

I had to attend to some personal business today and I took a little while to try and locate a bag of O-rings I bought last fall. I know they have been in 3 different drawers and 2 cabinets but I cannot find them now. Ohhh it is exasperating to lose something that you know is here but just can’t locate – lost in the clutter I guess.

And Yes Yes I have a very detailed inventory sheet (actually about 12 pages) but they did not make it on the list. Grrrrr

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Earl,

I've cooked a turkey breast in the oven on board ever year since I moved aboard 11 years ago. No worried mate. It will be great, espically since Karen is at the "helm."

By the by, it's "LOB", that's "lost on board."

Vic