Tuesday, November 25, 2008

CHOREBOY

Even the easy living needs a break once in awhile. Today was spent with the chores of laundry, filling an 80 gallon water tank via numerous trips with Jerri cans, and some consulting work.

Karen took care of the laundry – I just assisted with the heavy lifting. We had gone through our small 80-gallon tank of water so I refilled it with the 6-gallon Jerri cans – 2 of them. It took awhile and by overfilling them to 7 gallons it only took 5 trips. The filling is easy here because they have a spigot with a short hose right at the dinghy dock – you don’t need to lug the Jerri cans. It took about 5 trips and I measured the work in pounds rather than gallons. Each Jerry can with 7 gallons is about 56 lbs. Thus I moved 500+ lbs of water today!!

Had to do some consulting work today too and that felt good to get back into the swing for a bit.

We lost our Canadian Neighbors on 10 years After and gained a new Canadian boat called Pala with Jacque and Jane aboard. It is an 11 meter S2.

In fact it is an “invasion” of Canadians today. I would say at least 6 boats that I saw coming in today all had Canadian flags.

It finally warmed up today and I was back in shorts for the first time in several weeks. Even tonight we have the windows open with the screens in – haven’t done that in weeks.

Unfortunately another cold front – although mild – comes over tonight so the high tomorrow will only be 70 – acceptable. Possibly the weather pattern has finally changed for the better. I hope so.

No comments: