Saturday, November 22, 2008

Just another day in Vero


Just another fine day in Vero. Today I did some WORK!! Just a couple of projects that needed to be done. I troubleshot the stiff steering and once again proved the stiffness was not in the pedestal or cables. There really isn’t anything to adjust on the rudder shaft!! So I put it back together and adjusted the cables as loose as I could and the steering effort improved . Still not ideal but okay. I’ll wait till I get to some clear water then inspect from the underside.

I have had in termittant trouble with the fresh water pump sort of losing its prime and it just takes off and pumps its heart out without moving any water. One of the incidents caused the diaphragm to rupture. When you are under way with the engine or Gen Set running you cannot hear the pump. Thus I installed a small indicator light near the sink so that whenver the fresh water pump is running then the light is illuminated. If underway and we se the light on, we know it shoud turn off within 60 seconds or the pump needs to be reset. Not a big job but routing the wiring and not drilling any holes took about 3 hours.

Then I finished installing some battery straps on my 175lb 8Ds – like they could go anyplace!! Anyway they can be held in place if the boat turns turtle. Like I would worry about that huh??

This afternoon there was an impromptu Cruisers “appetizer” picnic that began at 3pm and went on – we left at 5pm. It was good – lots of taste treats brought by everyone.

Unfortunately the pictures I took were near the end and didn’t really capture the true size of the crowd here. I need to take a picture of the dinghy dock here. It is huge but still it was overflowing with dinghies this afternoon.

Time for a cup of soup and call it a night. I found a good book by Craig Dirgo which I’ll start tonight.

Ohh it is still cold here – only got up to 67 today and will dip to 49 tonight. Brrrr – definitely not Florida Weather.


No comments: