Friday, June 9, 2017

Ready set GO!

Ohhh boy. Looks like our weather window has arrived.

We are heading to Great Sale Cay tomorrow and spending the night. Sunday we will head to the northern banks near White Sand Ridge and head out. Depending on how it goes we might make Fort Pearce, Cape Canaveral, or even Brunswick Georgia. Depends on weather and how we feel in the gulf stream.

Today we made final preparations. I dove on the boat bottom and cleaned it with the last 1000psi in my scuba tank, we went to towns and provisioned for a few more days -- mainly Oj and Gin and Coconut Bread.

It was off and on showers this morning so we had to work around that. I dove on the boat bottom and when I came up it started to rain so I took my shower stuff to the showers here and took a nice long hot one. When I came out it was pouring rain so I didn't even dry off and put my wet swim trunks on and put my back pack in a garbage bag and walked in the driving rain to the boat where I dried off and put dry clothes on. Actually great fun. The pool here was full of young kids swimming in the rain. Great fun.

The trip to town was a bit rough in the dinghy but we had a great time once we got there. We went to Shorty's Take out and had lunch. It was good and relatively cheap. We both had lunch dinners and drinks for $24. That is what one lunch is any other place. Then off to grocery store, liqueur store, and bakery. Have got to get one more Coconut bread for the road.

The McIntosh bakery was at its best today. They had coconut cream pies, key lime pies, with huge domes of merangue, cherry pies and all other assortments. Ummmm good but we left with only the coconut bread and Mark had a coconut ice cream for the road. A great afternoon in GTC.

Cleaned up on the boat this afternoon and made more preparations to depart tomorrow. Topped off the diesel full and water tanks and put the dinghy and motor away. If it is not raining in the morning we will be off -- I never leave in the rain!

Wish us luck and check the position reports on this web page to track us. We will be out of cell phone and internet until Monday or Tuesday.

See were we ended up.

No comments: