Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Another Fun Day

Aaaack it poured rain till about 11am. then we took a golf cart into town to hit the grocery stores we didn't hit yesterday. Finally got a little lunch meat -- ouch -- $7.10 for a 10oz package of ham.

Then on the way back the golf cart quit running -- had plenty of gas but was not pumping it. Fortunately I had my Bahamas phone and I called Brendell and he sent another cart out. After 30 minutes and being a feast for mosquitoes we headed back and got caught in a blinding rain. Oh yeah we got wet.

We had a nice lunch of leftovers and lunch meat.

I then changed the primary diesel filter on the main engine. The old one did not look bad but now I know we are starting with a good one.

I then checked with the office to see if I could stay another 2 days -- Thursday and Friday -- forecast bad weather those days. They said they had to check with management -- later they said NO -- they were full up.

After a little hiatus I filled the water tanks. Looks like we have to leave here tomorrow instead of Thursday. They have a reservation for this slip. I don't know how they are going to get here because the weather is forecast real bad Thursday and Friday. Thus I need to leave tomorrow while conditions are still mild and go to either a mooring ball, Bluff House, or anchor.

Weather looks good for Saturday on so that is when we will probably start back.

Ohh well.

Just as I was heading out for a late shower tonight I noticed the kitchen sink faucet leaking around the handle -- even when it was off. I had put a repair kit in it 2 months ago but now it leaks again. After studying it awhile Mark notice th water coming from the base rather than the top. I tore it down again and pulled the whole faucet off. Ahhh there are O-rings in the base. I remembered the repair kit had some but I thought they we for a different faucet. Fortunately I hadn't thrown them away and they fit fine. Faucet no leak now --- ahhh feels good. Nice way to end the day -- looks like a shower in the morning though

No comments: