Monday, October 31, 2016

Better Believe it!

We made the Lady's Island Marina with our usual hassles that always seem to follow us. First they lost our reservation, then still accommodated us and put us in a temporary slip that had no power. Ohh well we adapted and strung our power cords together to reach a different pedestal and just switched between AC and power for the boat.

It was only going to be one night and then they would move us to a face dock.

We checked in this morning and asked about the courtesy car -- ohh it got wrecked last week, someone can take you to the store sometime later today. Just minor annoyances but still accommodating.

After moving to the face dock one of my power cords wouldn't work. On inspection one of the blades on the male plug had been castrated. I had to install a new plug which fortunately I carried a spare.

We switched our schedule of work from tomorrow to today and will do grocery tomorrow. Today I cleaned the topsides of all the anchoring smutz, defrosted the refrigerator, and worked out the bugs in my main sail which prevented our outside passage the other day. So much for relaxing -- I'm whipped tonight. Karen dusted and cleaned floors and did the laundry. Ohhh should I mention -- The washers and dryers are FREE here and they are big commercial jobs.

While I was in the cockpit cleaning the inside of the Bimini of mildew/mold I heard on the VHF 4 sailboats trying to get through the Coosaw Cut at near low tide. You CAN'T DO IT!. They each ran aground and fussed about then decided to sit tight till the tide came up. You can get through but you have to work with the tide. Hell one of Hillary's Political fund raisers would pay to have that dredged! Maybe I'll e-mail her..

The ICW is in sad shape. You can get through but you need to work the tides and that means some short days, however most anchorages are very beautiful. But how much nature can you take?

No comments: