Sunday, April 5, 2015

Happy Easter!!

Wow sure doesn't feel like Easter over here. They do celebrate but mostly Good Friday and Easter Monday.

We are here at the Green Turtle Club Marina for a few days. Enjoying the AC at night, long hot showers and all the other amenities of a nice Marina. I have Phil Roberts coming tomorrow to clean the bottom of my boat. He does a great job - He did Victoria Gaye this morning but said he couldn't do 2 in one day -- arthritis.. He said "yours looks bad". I guess it will cost me more but that's what I get for not doing a fresh bottom job before this trip.

I met Bob and Cheryl Ray on New Passages out of San Fransico today. They had trouble getting a new computer to control their SSB Winlink Icom 710 and SCS Pactor modem. I worked with them for a couple of hours and got some of it working but not all -- I had to direct them to Gary at Dockside Radio for further consultation. It's old equipment and there could be a hardware issue.

We have just been enjoying GTC since Wednesday. On the anchor until yesterday when we came to the marina for a few days for R and R. We hoped to leave Tuesday for a crossing back to the USA and that looks good for salty sailors but not us "pleasure Boaters". May be next week before we can cross. In the meantime we will enjoy GTC and maybe run up to Allens Pensacola for a few days and Powell Cay before the next blow next weekend.

Happy Easter everyone!!

No comments: