Saturday, November 1, 2014

Smoke on the Water

"Smoke on the Water". I've heard he expression but never seen it until today. Wow it was neat. The water temp is mid 70s and the air temp this morning was 42 degrees with high winds -- 20+ and gusts in the mid 30s.

Not bad here in the marina but a bit bouncy and noisy with small waves slapping the hull.

I tore down the spare water pump and replaced one bladder in it. It is pumping but weak. I think it needs new valves. I'll get some for delivery at Vero Beach.

We made the run (only once a day) to West Marine and picked up the Garmin Glo Bluetooth GPS to connect to Karen's IPAD. Should work great.

I'm still feeling the effects of my fall yesterday so after lunch I took a nap then a REAL shower in the very nice showers at the marina. I used a ton of hot water!!

BAck on the boat to check over a few things and do some reading. Karen quilted all day and had the table tied up till she went for a shower.

With the wind, cold, and drizzle no one feels like visiting tonight so we will just amuse ourselves on the boat tonight.

Plan to make a second large provisioning run tomorrow.

The forecast looks good for a gentle offshore passage from here to Fernandina Beach on Tuesday -- Monday if you are a hearty sailor but us "pleasure boaters" will wait till Tuesday.

No comments: