Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Go Fly a Kite!!

Ahhh that was the watch word today.

After a nice leisure breakfast and morning of radio and position reporting I went to the beach and walked to the ATLANTIC SIDE -- found 3 very nice sea shells.

BAck on board I got out the scuba gear and dived on the boat. Thank goodness for the lycra rash guard.. I had several of these cabbage size jelly fish bounce off my arms and legs but no sting. I replaced the zinc on the prop and cleaned the strainers. Then one of my flipper straps broke and the replacement didn't fit. I tried to scrub the boat but it was a losing battle fighting the current with only one flipper. I packed it in.

I set up the riding sail and got more amps from the wind generator. It has done a yeoman's job today generating about 10 amps in the 15 kt breeze.

After lunch I got out my new kites and went to the beach. The fixed cellular flew great. I tried the generator rotating one but it would not fly by itself. Back on the boat I got out my original rotating kite with the new ball bearing end piece and it flew great. I attached the holder to the deck railing and just laid back and watched. I reeled it part warty in and tried to attach the generator about 20 feet below it but it did not work and then fouled the line.

Ohh well it has been a great afternoon of sun wind and flying and looking forward to a fine dinner tonight.

The weather has been great and the forecast storms have not appeared. The temps have been 84 degrees here with a report of 95 at New Barn. Ahhh love these temps at Lookout.

I hope to do some serious star gazing from the infamous hanging deck chair -- see spilled coffee report from this morning -- and enjoy the evening.

That tropical Storm Brent is still forecast to miss us by a lot but we can head in tomorrow if need be.. Right now we expect to leave the Cape on Thursday.

No comments: