Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Warshington!!

Washington, NC is the first city to be named after General Washington. A very old town it is..

I didn't misspell the title -- that's the way I say it. It's probably a bleed through of my Italian/Swedish accent.

We had a nice run from Bath to Washington this morning. Naturally the wind was on the nose and a LOT more than forecast or given in "conditions from around the area. NOAA said it was 14 kts in Washington. We had 17 with gusts to 20 and 22 with the highest just as we came into dock - NATURALLY!!!

Well we rubbed a few pilings not on the landing but because the dock master insisted I move forward 6 feet. The wind had us pinned to the dock. Was not pretty or me happy.

The Dock teem otherwise was very friendly and accommodating. What we saw of the town this afternoon was very nice. We expect to go out to dinner tonight and plan to stay the day tomorrow.

We canceled our morning walk through Bath this morning and left for Washington instead. We expect to leave here Friday morning and overnight in Bath which will leave a warm comfortable afternoon to explore Bath.

Last night was an early night for all of us.. All that rocking and rolling wore us flat out. You don't realize how much energy the body expends subconsciously as you roll with boat.

I did do some star gazing last night around 8:30pm and then I was up at 3am and went on deck and really saw all my old favorite navigation starts and I was treated to a nice shooting star to boot..

Too much light pollution on the waterfront for tonight but maybe Friday night back in Bath Anchorage.

Time to shave for dinner and maybe - maybe a clean T.

No comments: