Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter


Happy Easter all. Like my bunny picture??

Actually this is the Miss Kalik April 2009. I haven’t had good internet in awhile but I do now. Enjoy the pic – missed sending it on the 1st of the month.

Today has been pretty nice. Although disconcerting this morning. Some sail boat anchored behind us with clanging halyards had moved during the night – by itself!! I awoke this morning to halyard clanking coming from a different direction and that boat had moved during the night to a spot in front and to the side of us.. Ohhh grief!! It was very close to another derelict boat and eventually was bumping into it. I think/hope his anchor is fouled with that one and will stop moving.

When I checked into the marina office this morning to register the dinghy I mentioned the boat to the dockmaster and he was quite interested. When I pointed it out he said “Glad I moved my boat to the North Anchorage”. That was it!!

We wandered about town a bit this morning. The dinghy just barely made it into the marina. Ohhh I hate it when this stuff doesn’t work well!! They have a ships store here and I tried to buy new plugs for it. All they have are Champion plugs and mine are NGK. They had no cross reference chart or engine application chart. Damn you would think this was the Bahamas except the plugs were less than $4 each vs. $16 each in the Bahamas.

I called Andy and he got on the internet and looked the cross reference up. I bought 2 plugs and tried them in the engine. One at a time. Lo and Behold the first one made a HUGE improvement. My 15hp engine is now the equivalent of a 8hp motor vs. the ½ hp it was doing on our way in. I believe this is another Al gotcha. He left a gallon of no name 2-cycle oil I have been using and I think this stuff fouls the plugs. The previous set was new and only in for about a month till this happened. The motor is at least serviceable now.

This afternoon there is a parade planned at 3pm and the cruisers want to do dinner at 5:15pm tonight. We will head back in and do both. Maybe take some pictures too…

Not sure about the next couple of days. Forecast is for lots of storms and rain (2 – 3 inches) beginning tomorrow afternoon and then all day Tuesday. Might just stay here till Wednesday -- Decisions Decisions.

Time to get ready for the Easter parade today.

No comments: