Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Lazy in Treasure


Just a lazy day in Treasure Cay.

The weather forecast has a strong cold front coming through tonight and through tomorrow. So comes the vacillation… Go into the Marina? Swing on one hook?? Swing on 2 hooks?? Etc.

Well the holding is good here and the water shallow 8.5 to 6.5 feet of water. Thus I’ll swing to one hook. I checked my anchor in the clear water this morning and it is completely buried

Not too many boats here today – less than 10 and then around 4pm 3 more came in and anchored around me.. Hmmm they always look to close. The anchorage can support up to 24 boats if they space properly.

This is the calm before the storm.. Has been blowing from the SE most of the day less than 15kts and now at 5pm it is calm – usually means a wind shift coming.

Ohh well we have had several very nice days and after we get through the next couple a beautiful light wind weekend is forecast.

Didn’t do much today. Tried to do laundry but all the machines were in use both times we went. Yesterday when we checked it out all but 2 machines were idle. Ohh well try again tomorrow if we can get off the boat for the wind -- I don’t like wet dinghy rides – especially with fresh laundered clothes.

Tonight we plan a big treat – Lobster tails. We will fix the couple I bought at GTC about a week ago. Looking forward to that and some baked potatoes – actually fixed in the microwave. Ohhh have I mentioned I have an 8KW generator to power the microwave!! I tried running it off the inverter once to microwave some popcorn but it drew 80 amps from the battery bank – I won’t do that again.

Plans are just to hunker down here till Thursday or Friday till the cold front passes then move on down to Marsh Harbour or Hope Town.

Ohh they have a Post Office here at Treasure Cay. I dropped by and it was closed. The sign said “eye trouble gorn (sic) to doctor in Miami”. Hmmm will be closed awhile I guess. Well it is the Bahamas.

No comments: