Friday, December 26, 2008

Just a lazy cruising day

Well after all the BIG days we have had how can we top them?? Can't… Today was just a lazy cruisers day.

The day started as usual trying to get the weather forecast from the SSB. Chris is away for a week and an Ed in Oriental, NC is filling in. Unfortunately we cannot hear him here in the Abacos. I tried all three times and freqs and - nothing. However some cruisers were talking to him I could not hear him.

I couldn't pickup the BASRA net either I was able to pickup the WRCC Net weather at 7:45am on 7268 LSB.

We listened to the Abacos Cruiser net at 8:15am and picked up a bit more weather forecast.

After that I took the dinghy over to a sandy beach near the Green Turtle Club and looked for an air leak in the dinghy. I put some dishwashing soap in a spray bottle and sprayed the tubes while walking around the dinghy in shallow water - damn the leak is coming from around the patch I did last summer. The leak is on a seam!!! I'll simply have to put a larger patch over the existing one and this time use - STABOND adhesive. I'll also install the holder for my XMAS navigation lights too -- probably
tomorrow…

I visited a little with Mark on Rachel and Carl on Diva. Told them plan to get back out of here probably Sunday and continue life on the hook again.

After lunch Karen and I took the dinghy over to the Green Turtle Club and tied up. We took a long walk to the beach and on the beach - about hours worth. Karen found a few very pretty shells, a sea bean, and a few pieces of beach glass.

Back to the boat for showers and a little visit with cocktails with the New Bern contingent of cruisers here. After that it was up to the Bluff House restaurant to eat our daily dockage fee in fine food. Ohhh what a life.

It was funny at dinner - all the guys were nodding off and had big puffy - sleepy eyes. The women where vibrant and ready for more but we guys - it was nap time.

Then it was back to the boat, put some toothpicks in my eyelids and write this blog. I need to stay up a bit yet to talk to Andy on Skype tonight. We have an internet connection tonight but I'm too bushed to post any pictures. I'll send some tomorrow.

No comments: