Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Just hang'in in Wrightsville Beach


Ahhhh just hanging around in Wrightsville Beach!!

This was just another great beach day. We took a long walk on the beach in the morning and splashed in the gentle waves. Poked around in Wings and still did not find a T-shirt to add to my wardrobe. I mean I had to pass on the “Shut the Duck up” and “Support Single moms – with a silhouette of a pole dancer”, but nothing appealed to me.

Back on the boat for a few minor maintenance jobs then back to the beach with the Thompson’s for a late lunch at the South Beach Grill. Excellent seafood made immeasurably better because Jim and Barb treated us. Ahhh food just tastes better when someone else is buying.

After lunch I took Karen back to the boat for a nap and I went back to the beach to swim in the delightful cool 73 degree emerald green water – Felt great. I’ll probably not be in the water again (barring an accident) until we reach the Bahamas.

It was just a nice easy afternoon with temps reaching 80. I charged the batteries and just hung around till dinner. We plan to hit the beach again tonight.

Looks like we might leave tomorrow. Some weather is coming in Friday and Saturday and I don’t want to be here then. Jim and Barb have to head back to our old Marina and they will leave tomorrow.

So tomorrow we will probably be back on the waterway and negotiating the Cape Fear River.

It is hard to explain but every time I’m on that river I’m ill at ease. I’ve heard that from other folks too.

I should call Ralph tonight to see how he faired today. He left at high tide this morning and went up the Cape Fear to his new home – marina in Wilmington. He has been great company on this trip

No comments: