Friday, October 17, 2008

BareFoot'in in South Carolina


Welcome to South Carolina!!! We are moving..

We had a great sunrise this morning as we left the Pipeline canal>




We had a very nice run through the most troublesome spots on the Intracoastal in NC namely Lockwood Folly and Shallotte Inlet. We were able to hit both near high tide and carried a minimum of 11.2 feet through each.

We traveled 38 miles today but it was slow going through all the areas with adverse current. The worse being from Little River Inlet to Barefoot Landing – averaged only 4.5 kts..

The scary place in SC – the “Rockpile” was not so scary. It was just half tide when we went through there so many of the scariest ragged rocks were not visible but they were there. Be sure to run center channel through here.

We made a nice landing at Barefoot Landing. The first time back at a dock in nearly a week. We will stay here at least 2 days till this cold front and developing low off the coast passes – expecting gale force conditions at the coast tomorrow!!


For you shoppers out there check out their web page – http://www.barefootlanding.com/.
You can also get a feel for the place by viewing the satellite view of my position report.

I’ve never been here before but it is a shoppers Mecca.. Not for me since I’m not a shopper. I go to the store buy the intended item and leave.. Karen will have a good time here and well I’ll just people watch and maybe add to my T-shirts. I’ll need to do laundry soon unless I buy a couple of new T shirts.

<


Then again I may not have time to leave the boat tomorrow. I had an accident today. Karen keeps a lot of her day to day jewelry in a fancy tray next to the bed. When I was doing a routine health check this morning on boat and electrical operation I pulled the mattress back to check battery temps – they are charging at 50 amps! The mattress upset the shelf next to her bed and the tray fell into lower reaches of the boat. I fished several pieces out but she is still missing 3 rings -- expensive and sentimental. I may have to remove the holding tank tomorrow to gain access!!! Ohhh Yuuck.

I hope you all have a nice day tomorrow..

No comments: