Thursday, July 13, 2017

Making Tracks

Ohh boy we have had a couple of good days cruising.  Tuesday we did 60 miles from Titusville to Daytona, Wednesday was a half day to Palm Coast Marina for food and laundry and fuel and a pump out.  I really like Palm Coast marina.  So friendly and helpful.  I like it so much -- I bought the T-shirt!  Don't think I had an easy day though.  I found my fresh water pump leaking at the pressure switch I repaired and then replaced it with the old one. I retied the spring line while leaning on a lifeline and it Broke big time sending me to the space between the dock and boat.  Like a cat I reclaimed my balance nearly instantly at the expense of several pulled muscles.  Damn getting old is a bitch.

After a temporary fix to the lifeline and a slightly less leaky switch on the fresh water pump we went to dinner at an India restaurant at the European village.  Food was very good and I found a beer I need again.  It's  Indian and called Kingfisher.

Today we left at 7am and made the Mantazas inlet area about 2 hours after low tide.  It is notorious for shallow water.  It was good to it's reputation.  As I started across it the depths dropped to 6.2 feet!  Then came up.  We didn't ground but got real close.  The rest of the trip was with good depths and a favorable current all the way.  WE blew past St Augustine and made it through the bridge of lions at 11am.  Up around Pine Island we had to cruise through very dense smoke from a wild fire.  We pushed on to Beach Marine Marina as the tide was following.  We took a slip there because the next anchorage was 12 miles away and we were 1 hour from low tide and those anchorages are no good then.

I stopped in this marina 12 years ago on my first trip to the Bahamas.  It is much larger now but about half is still damaged from hurricane Matthew last fall.  We are just here tonight and then will press on tomorrow.

Sorry but no more sharing of the plan forward.  Every time I have indicated that plan it has changed.  From now on you will hear only about what we have done.

Overall today was a GREAT cruising day, and note ---- we are now in North Florida!!

No comments: