Sunday, April 2, 2017

A plumber Mowing the grass

When you go cruising you have to have multiple skills.  Our kitchen faucet has been leaking at the stem.  I brought a repair kit for it while back home and that is probably the item that triggered a hand inspection of my carry on while in the security line at the airport.

The fix went smoothly and no leak now.

I wanted to finish cleaning the boat bottom now that I had my scuba tank refilled.  The water here at the marina is not too bad.  The task went well although I did find more barnacles then expected and the growth on the keel was long filaments much like grass.  Fortunately they brushed off easily.

I used 3/4 tank with air to spare.  Once done the hard work begins.  Flushing all the dive gear with fresh water and drying everything.

After relaxing a bit I walked up to the heavily chlorinated pool and went for a refreshing cleansing swim.  I feel really clean now although they probably need to add more chlorine in the pool.

It' s a beautiful calm evening tonight. -- perfect for relaxing after a grueling day in the water.

No comments: