Thursday, March 30, 2017

GTC - Feels like home

Ahhhh back in GreenTurtle Cay and anchored in White Sound.

The anchorage last night in Manjack/Crab Cay was beautiful last night.  Sky was clear and stars where magnificent with no light pollution.  Just a Lille sliver of moon was out.

With all the cruisers in the area we decided to go to White Sound to anchor.  I expected it to be crowded and it wasn't.  Heck only 5 boats at the Green Turtle Club Marina and 4 over at the Bluff House.  Only 8 boats on anchor and moorings.  However several motor yachts and trawlers came in this afternoon and all went to marinas.  One poor cruiser came in 2 hours before low tide and ran aground.  He will be there at least 5 hours before the tide takes him off.  No Boat US towing over here.

We went to town in the dinghy and just browsed a bit and bought some fresh veggies.  The settlement just has a homey feel to it.  I'm very relaxed here.  We then cruised Black Sound thinking we would move over there in a couple of days but it just feels dark over there -- not like White Sound.  The big attraction over there is the public dock that is very close to town but seeing the large boats tied there I wouldnt want to put my dingy there.

Once back I took my scuba tank over to Brendels Dive Shop for a fill.  I want to finish cleaning the bottom of my boat.

Now time to relax.

No comments: