Thursday, June 30, 2016

Great Weather

Last night Tuesday/Wednesday was NOT great. It started raining lightly around 5pm then rained off and on all night -- some mild thunderstorms passed over too. We chickened out and ran the genset so we could close the boat up and have air conditioning -- worked great. I turned it off at 6am. The rest of the day was mostly cloudy, high of 82, and a nice breeze with low humidity -- felt great.

In the morning I checked the site www.marinetraffic.com to see my AIS position. It wasn't there. Heck my last entry on that site was May 2015! It took awhile but I found the software online for my Humminbird AIS TX and loaded it into the new notebook computer. When I ran the diagnostics it said the unit was not seeing the GPS Antenna and thus would not transmit. I traced the circuitry and sure enough a connctro to the antenna had come off. Once back on all is well and I'm transmitting AIS again. Yippeeee!

Three more high dollar trawlers came in. They were nearly identical with gray hulls -- only the antenna array on the top were different. Two of their dingies went by us -- both equipped with 60HP Yamahas!

I dove on the boat around mid morning and scrubbed the hull with a brush. It came off easily and looked good.

I took a nice nap in the afternoon to atone for that punishment on the body. I'm not a youngster anymore.

The rest of the day was spent relaxing and reading and occasional surf on the internet. The Verizon 4G LTE works well here.

Nice dinner of T-Bone on the grill and several hands of Farkle before bed.

With that nice breeze we did not run the AC again.

It's back to the marina on Thursday. Maybe all the way. Because of the currents here we can't leave before 10am so it will be a long day.

No comments: