Monday, March 30, 2015

Marsh Harbour one last time

Well we cut the cord to HopeTown today and made it over to Marsh Harbour around 10am. Should have been here sooner but the boat is sluggish. The growth is bad. I hope to have it cleaned off soon in Green Turtle Cay.

Marsh was crowded. There were 62 boats here when we got here. Most have come up from the Exumas. You can tell because their lifelines are full of diesel and water jugs.

We launched the dinghy immediately and headed to the grocery. The public dock was too full of dinghies to tie to so we went to the Jimmies dock between Harborview and Mangoes. It was full too but we found one cleat to tie to.

After a long walk to Maxwells grocery we bought enough groceries to last 2 weeks. It was too much to carry back so I asked a taxi there to take us back -- they said $10. A little high because others have charged $6 but I give them $10.

Once at Mangoes I go to pay and I hand her a $20 and she says "Thank You". I said what about my change -- she says she has none. She could tell I was flustered so she got change from someone -- NO TIP here today. Damn she thought a $10 tip on a $10 ride was normal... What this ain't NY!

Well we hit Jimmies and the Wholesale grocer and are full up for the most part.

There has been a steady stream of boats leaving this afternoon. I guess some want to cross back this week but there is no big window. Well I guess they will make their own -- not us we are pleasure boaters.

Off to Treasure Cay tomorrow to fuel up and water up and spend a day or two there then off to Green Turtle Cay to watch for a very nice weather window.

No comments: