Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Living is Easy in HopeTown

Gosh one day just runs into another here in HopeTown. We are taking it pretty easy with few boat chores. The toughest was today -- laundry and I hauled 48 gallons of water from the Marina. That little fresh water pump assembly I built last winter is working great. I can pump the water from the Jerry cans in the dinghy directly into the water tank. No lifting and pouring. Very important after I pulled that muscle in my back back in December hoisting these 50lb water jugs.

The best entertainment is watching all the boats coming through here each day looking for a mooring. There are only about 3 a day right now that turn over. Many are reserved and it is frustrating to see an open mooring then a reserve bottle on it. Tempers are a little short here right now.

The water has warmed to near 80 degrees now so I'm swimming every day right now. Boy that ocean water fills good. I've been flying the dragon kite too. Looks great with the wind going out to sea. I usually launch it from the top of the dune near the memorial Cholera Cemetery. It looks great in the sky with that 30 foot Dragon tail and smiling face and streaming earnings.

Oh did I say it is hitting 80 degrees each day right now with temps in the low to mid 70s at night. I haven't slept with a cover in a month now.

Well time to go for that afternoon swim now.

Ohhh Jack's Bingo was a bust for us. No winners here Monday night however a good time was had by all.

No comments: