Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Welcome back to North Carolina!!!

Yep we are almost home -- Anchored in Wrightsville Beach, NC tonight. It was a fairly long day but we really made tracks and had favorable current most of the way. Why?? I don’t know.. I haven’t been able to figure it out.

I expected to fight my way up the Cape Fear River on a falling tide and never saw anything less than 5.5 kts. I expected to be down to 3.3 kts through Snows Cut and held 8.5 kts!!

We expected to make the anchorage at Wrightsville about 6pm and actually had the hook down by 4pm.. Well welcome to NC!! I’ll take it!!

Our passage through the troublesome inlets of Shallotte and Lockwood Folly were both done near high tide and we had no problems. What a day…

Shortly after arriving we made a bee line to Robert’s Grocery for a little comfort food and ICE. Then back to the boat for dinner and later we played the Euchre game for the championship of the world between Ian, Sharon, Karen, and myself. Unfortunately we split 2 out of 3 games and we decided it was too late to continue since we will all leave early tomorrow so the final game still needs to be played. Ohhh when will it be??
\
We split up here. The Canadian contingent will continue up the ICW and we hope to go offshore tomorrow for Beaufort.

Won’t be long now – then again I may chicken out tomorrow morning and we will head up the ICW with them

No comments: