Friday, January 16, 2009

Just Cooling our heels in Hopetown

Hey I apologize for yesterday’s picture. It is just too dark. It was dark but legible when I processed and unfortunately became darker after posting it. I’ll get another of the daily freighter here.

Not a bad day – a bit cool with the high only 67 degrees and very cloudy. Low was 60. There is a string of fronts coming right now so we will remain here till Sunday.

This is not a bad place to hang though. Most of today was spent reading and relaxing and recovery from the “Yellow Birds” we had last night over at Captain Jack’s Trivia contest. We didn’t do too well. Too many sports and music questions.

A N D I hate to say – spent another hour standing on my head looking for Karen’s jewelry again in the hole below the holding tank. We have done well to move it but this morning I needed so paper products from under the bed and I lifted the mattress and it upset the covering shelf and spilt her jewelry again. It was tough and we recovered all but one ring and I bloodied my hand in the process of contorting the vacuum hose in there. I know I know – fool me once shame on you and fool me twice shame on me – well that jewelry has a new home now – far far away from that “BLACK HOLE”.

On Fridays a local sport fishing boat comes into the Public dock at 3pm and sells fresh fish, conch salad, and other fare from the sea. We went over but nothing really looked that good to us.. The conch salad had way too much “Salad” and was practically green so I passed. I need to get back to Marsh Harbour for a real Conch fix!!

We walked the town some more and found some really cool lanes up high behind the public dock. These are full of very quaint cottages – probably original housing. It was very pretty but then you realize that they are all for rent.. What happened to the original owners?? Where do they live now?? Real Estate is big business here. To buy one of these properties here in Hopetown – a cool million or more!!

Not much planned for the evening. I need to find some ear plugs because Friday night is “MUSIC” night over at Captain Jacks. We don’t plan to go.

No comments: